WOW! Thank you for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award Pascale – Your note lifted my spirits and put a smile on my face. For those who aren’t familiar with The Sunshine Blogger Award , the award is “given to bloggers who are deemed to be creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.” What an honor – Thank you, and thank you for sharing your story.
I started blogging after I was assaulted by my ex-boyfriend – The assault left me with PTSD, cognitive deficits, damaged nerve, and vestibular trauma. Telling my story was my way of being defiant and to show him, his friends, his family and society that I nor any other victim should own the shame their abusers try to dump on them, and I certainly was not going to take the blame for having provoked him the night he chose to attack me. What I didn’t realize was sharing my story was really the beginning of my journey to heal. Sharing and reading other’s story and learning about Narcissistic abuse was an integral part in gaining my sanity back because I realized I wasn’t alone. That along with intense therapy led to my being able to walk away from my abuser 7 months after he assaulted me.
Society needs to shift their attitude towards victims of abuse because I shouldn’t be the one who gets judged and is expected to not act “emotional.” I want to break the rules that because I am a victim of abuse I am expected to hide, stay quiet and feel shame. Shouldn’t the abuser be doing that? I am so tired of being told I am not scared of my abuser because I dare to speak up. So, thank you again Pascale for nominating me. It means so much especially since I struggle with writing well given the deficits I continue to struggle with. That said, let’s keep writing and writing until we make change happen!
Here are my answers to Pascal’s questions:
- Are you a ‘morning’ or ‘night’ person?
- What makes you happy?
- My kids laughing
- What makes you angry?
- Those who hurt kids
- How do you like to spend your free time?
- Hanging out with my kids, wandering and people watching.
- What country would you most like to visit?
- What kind of music do you like?
- Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, Disco and Hair bands 🙂
- What is your all-time favourite film?
- One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest
- What was the last book you read?
- Love by Leo Buscaglia
- Do you often find yourself under stress?
- How do you relieve stress?
- Distract, get back to the moment, put on disco and dance, sleep.
- What is your motto?
- “Kiss The Joy As It Flies”
From William Blake’s Eternity’s Sunrise
He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy
He who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity’s sunrise
Questions for my nominees:
- What’s the most interesting place you have traveled to?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Do you meditate?
- What or who do you miss right now?
- What song gets you out of a rut?
- Favorite type of vacation?
- What’s the one thing you learned about you this year?
- What motivates you to blog?
- Where were you born?
- What was one of the best days of your life?
- What common misconception do you hate to hear repeated as fact?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and make a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award, and then write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.